- Cup rolled oats
- 1 cup plain flour
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 2/3 cup desiccated coconut
- 125g salted butter, chopped
- 2 tablespoons golden syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- Preheat oven to 160°C/140°C fan forced. Line 3 baking trays with baking paper
- Combine oats, flour, sugar and coconut in a bowl. Place butter, syrup and 2 tablespoons cold water in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir for 2 minutes or until butter has melted. Stir in bicarbonate of soda. Stir butter mixture into oat mixture.
- Roll level tablespoons of mixture into balls. Place on trays, 5cm apart. Flatten slightly. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until light golden (see note). Stand on trays for 5 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- For crisp Anzac biscuits, cook for 15 to 16 minutes.